Gold Coast Tennis Results - Friday Night Fixtures
- Players need to be at the Proshop at 6:30pm for their matches, introduce them while picking up the scoresheets and balls. Payment must be paid in the first week as scores for results will not be up on the webpage until the fixture term has been paid, you need to be a club member to able to play Friday Night Fixtures.
- Scoring: best of 3 sets with tie-break at 5 games all, first to 7 points, win by 2. Tie break applies also at 1 set all, first to 7 points, win by two points. Each Deuce is a short Deuce. 15 points for a win, 13 points for a loss in 3 sets, 10 points for a loss in 2 sets and with opponents playing a Bye receiving 15 points for that round. Tie-break rules: last person to receive serve at the end of the second set (player 1) serves the first point of the tie-break to the forehand side. The opponent (player 2) then has two serves starting on the backhand side. Player 1 then serves twice again starting from the backhand side and the process repeats itself. Plaayers change ends once points total 6 (e.g. 4-2 or 5-1 or 3-3). The winner is the player who reaches 7 points first. After 6 points all, however, there must be a 2 point difference (e.g. 8-6 or 9-7 etc)
- Court: you will be issued a court on the scorecard; courts are designated in no particular order, it’s based on availability for Friday Nights. NO parents or family on court while the children are playing there match. NO coaching from the sidelines during the match. Parent interaction with players should only occur in extreme instances such injury or illness.
- Non-attendance/match make-up policy: No show without making contact with opponent’s parent or GCA Proshop will constitute a match forfeit (0). Make-up matches have to be played within a two week period. The responsibility of arranging a make-up lies with the player who can’t play on match day. If agreement on a make-up can’t be reached, the Proshop must be notified within the two week window period and point’s decision will be made by the fixture coordinator.
- Line calls: Players call the line calls, Players have been made aware by their Gold Coast Tennis Comp coaches that the rules of calling are: “their end, their call” “other end, opponents call”. Where possible this needs to be a hard and fast rule. Parents should not get involved in call disputes. If there is clear evidence of inaccurate calling, the Proshop should be notified immediately. If the two players can’t agree to a dispute they must see the fixture coordinator first, and the fixture coordinator will make the final decision to resolve the dispute.
- Clothing: suitable and appropriate with a means of storing second ball while serving, Joggers for safety reasons and players must also have a water bottle with them on court.
- Weather: weather updates will be made on the GCA website page under the results tab and a text message will be sent if fixtures is cancelled.
Friday Fixture 6.30pm
|Player||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Total|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8|
|1 v 2||1 v 3||1 v 5||1 v 7||1 v 8||1 v 6||1 v 4||1 v 2|
|3 v 4||5 v 2||7 v 3||8 v 5||7 v 6||8 v 4||2 v 6||3 v 4|
|5 v 6||7 v 4||8 v 2||6 v 3||4 v 5||5 v 3||3 v 8||5 v 6|
|7 v 8||8 v 6||6 v 4||4 v 2||2 v 3||2 v7||7 v 5||7 v 8|